11.17.2009

Garden Ravioli Soup


Hi Bloggers! I am a frequent visitor of this blog, but this is my first post. It is a really easy soup that is perfect for a cold day.


Garden Ravioli Soup

Ingredients:
6 Cups Chicken Broth
1/4 Tsp Italian Seasoning
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 lb sausage, browned and drained (I like to use spicy sausage to give the soup a little heat)
1/2 cup carrots sliced
1 can (14 oz) chopped stewed tomatoes
1 (9 oz) package cheese-filled tortellini (frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup spinach, trim stems
Fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
(I also like to add 1 zucchini, chopped)

Directions:
In large saucepan brown sausage, then saute onion and garlic. Add broth, Italian seasoning, carrots, tomatoes (and zucchini, if desired). Cook over medium-high heat, heat to a boil. Add tortellini, reduce heat to medium. Cook 15 minutes or until pasta is done, stirring occasionally. Add spinach at five minutes remaining. Sprinkle with fresh parmesan.

5 comments:

Brooke G said...

Thanks for posting this. i was looking on this blog specifically for this recipe, and I was glad to see it pop up as the latest addition to the blog!

Steven & Kimberly said...

I just stumbled across your blog and have found so many recipes I want to try!!! You have some great ones on here :-)

Heather said...

YUMMY!!! I am going to make this tomorrow!

Melissa said...

This was so, so good! Even picky DH liked it; had two helpings. Thanks for sharing!

Cairen said...

Made this tonight and it was so good! Loved it! Thanks Lisa!