8.09.2008

Matt's Famous Pancakes



Our friends Matt and Angie introduced us to the most amazing pancakes. Matt searched for two years for the perfect recipe, and ultimately created this. When Matt made them for us, they didn't taste like pancakes, but more like creme filled pastries. YUM! 

2 Cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 eggs, separated
2 cups milk
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 Tbsp salt
2 tsp vanilla

Combine dry ingredients. Separate egg, and beat the whites until they begin to stiffen. Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the egg yolk.  Add dry ingredients, and mix well. Lightly fold in egg whites. Fry on a lightly greased frying pan or pancake griddle. 

ENJOY!

*this recipe makes about 20 3-4 inch pancakes

3 comments:

Erin Spenc said...

Seriously, these are the best. We love them topped with chocolate sauce or strawberry jam and they taste just like doughnuts. Mmmm. Of course butter and syrup and wonderful toppers as well.

Jen O. said...

Hi - I found your blog by chance - I hope y'all don't mind if I keep visiting. I love this recipe - I have one just like it but it calls for lemon zest - it's super good w/ butter and any kind of berry syrup.

If you want to know more about me, feel free to check out my website - I gave up on my blogger account - I'm not very good at it...

http://web.me.com/jenniferoverholt/Jen_O_Web_O/Welcome.html

Rasmussen Family said...

These are the best pancakes EVER! Thanks so much for sharing! I found your blog through TastySensations by the way. Thanks again.