I got this recipe from Bakerella, and made it for Seth on our anniversary. They are SO good and SO easy! We like them a little bit gooey so took them out a little bit early but either way, they are so good!
Individual Chocolate Soufflés
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon powdered instant coffee
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and sugar eight 6-ounce ramekins.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Scald milk. Remove from heat and add powdered coffee, stirring until dissolved.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add alternately with milk mixture to butter mixture. Beat 1 minute on medium.
- Divide batter evenly among ramekins.
- Place ramekins in 2 8-inch square pans. Pour hot water in bottom of pans to 1/8 inch deep and place pans in oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove pans from oven and let ramekins stand in water for 5 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from water and let cool slightly.
- You can serve in dish or invert onto dessert plates.
- For topping: beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in small mixing bowl until stiff and spoon onto warm soufflés.