9.15.2010

Orzo Salad



I tried this salad at my Aunt's house, and I died over the fresh ingredients. I recreated it at home, so there are no exact measurements but I don't think you can really go wrong. This recipe is more about the fresh produce than it is about the measurements anyway

Cook 1 package of Orzo pasta according to directions.

While the pasta is cooking wash some fresh spinach (I used a couple of generous handfuls of spinach) and place in the bottom of a mixing bowl large enough to fit the pasta.

Next, I chopped approx. 2 cups of heirloom cherry tomatoes in half (I love the colors of heirloom tomatoes, and mini ones are even better!)


Then chop some fresh basil (as much or as little as you like), and feel free to add in other ingredients. I think this would be good with fresh garlic, or feta cheese, some balsamic vinegar... you know what you like.

When the Orzo is cooked, drain and immediately put it in the bowl on top of the spinach and stir. The heat from the Orzo will wilt the spinach. Next add in your basil, tomatos, a little bit of olive oil, (whatever extra ingredients you would like), and salt and pepper to taste and a little bit of crushed red pepper if you want to add a little kick. Enjoy!

1 comments:

the Eggett's said...

that looks so good, I can't wait to make it!