12.15.2009

Cilantro and Lime Rice

1 tbs olive oil
1 cup long grain rice (rinsed until water runs clear)
1 1/2 cups broth (I used vegetable it was great, recipe called for chicken?)
2 tbs lime juice, freshly squeezed
zest of one lime
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tsp salt

Heat oil over medium high heat, add rice and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Add other ingredients and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium low or low, and cook until rice is done.


(We omit the Cilantro in this recipe...we aren't fans, and 1/2 cup was way too much, I even tried 1/4 cup and it was still too much for us, So if you like the taste I would start out with maybe a 1/4 cup cilantro and decide if it needs less or more.)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This was very good. I used the cilantro since I'm a big fan.

Jenny said...

This sounds great! I'm excited to try it...and yes, I will add LOADS of cilantro :) Thanks!