9.25.2009

Yam Fries

I know, I know, you are salivating.
These turned out, pretty dang good!

I saw a cooking show a few weeks ago on the food network where they made sweet potato fries. Then while grocery shopping I saw that Yam's were on sale, and wondered if there really was any difference between a yam and a sweet potato. Turns out they are not related at all. Anywhoo . . . I snatched up three long yams and brought them home for us to try while watching the BYU game. I made the yam's the same as I would have had they been sweet potatoes.

Preheat the oven to 400.
Peel and cut yams into thin strips.
On a baking sheet, spread a couple Tablespoons of EVOO.
dump the yams on, and toss them around so they get some oil on them.
Then season with:
Cumin
Coriander
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
(Sorry, but I have no measurements, just season lightly to taste. )
Throw them in the oven for 30 minutes.
When they come out of the oven, sprinkle 1 or 2 teaspoons of sugar around.

These fries were a hit! Turns out although Yam's and Sweet Potatoes aren't related, they both are pretty tasty!

1 comments:

Cairen said...

I LOVE sweet potato fries, I just got them at a restaurant las weekend and having been wanting to make some ever since. Thanks for the recipe looks yummy!