8.27.2009

Bran Muffins

Make no mistake, these are not the dense dry bran muffins you have had before. These are light, sweet, moist parcels of goodness that fill your house with a delicious aroma. 

4 cups 'All Bran' cereal (looks like little sticks)
1 cup shortening or butter
2 cups boiling water
2 cups sugar or honey
1 quart buttermilk
5 cups flour (white or whole wheat)
4 beaten eggs
5 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
mix it all up
Spoon batter into muffin tins until each is 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes. 

***the batter is good in the fridge for 7-10 days**** isn't that AWESOME?!? Just keep it in a ziplock. You can make hot muffins every day of the week. My kids and I LOVE these things. 

thanks Aleena for the recipe! 

2 comments:

MissKris said...

I agree. Monica gave me this recipe and I make them all the time and my roommates love them.
SOOOOOO good!

Charmaine Anderson said...

I haven't made these for years but I remember that you could microwave these in well greased custard cup for individual or a couple of muffins. I don't remember how long it took.