6.17.2009

"healthy" peanut butter cream cheese brownies!

I don't honestly think there really is such a thing as a healthy brownie. This recipe however does come pretty close.  I googled "healthy brownies" last night and this is what came up. I made them, and they were actually super delicious. (The peanut butter part was my favorite!)

BATTER:
2 cups sugar (or use Xylitol to make it even healthier!)
1 1/2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup egg substitute (I just used egg whites)
3 teaspoons vanilla
(I added 1 Tablespoon milk because my batter was dry)

FILLING:
3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter (I used regular)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup egg substitute (or egg whites)
2 teaspoons vanilla

FROSTING:
1 cup confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon water

Set oven to 325 and grease a 13 x 9 baking pan. In a large bowl combine 2 cups sugar with flour, cocoa and salt. Stir in applesauce, egg whites and vanilla. Mix well. Pour about half of the batter into baking pan. In another mixing bowl combine all filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto batter. Spoon the remaining batter over the top; cut through the batter using a knife to swirl through the batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes, let cool. Frost and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 (70g)

Recipe makes 20 servings

Calories 181
Calories from Fat 16(9%)
Amount Per Serving%DV
Total Fat 1.8g2%
Saturated Fat 0.9g4%
Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 2mg0%
Sodium 94mg3%
Potassium 130mg3%
Total Carbohydrate 39.4g13%
Dietary Fiber 1.7g6%
Sugars 28.8g
Protein 3.8g7%

0 comments: