10.21.2008

Quesadilla Explosion Salad



Whenever I go to Chili's I order this salad (right before I order the Chocolate Molten Cake that is! - Hey, does anyone have a recipe for that?) It is a really delicious salad, so I decided to make it from home and it was just as good. 

First, I marinated two chicken breasts in italian dressing for a few hours. 
Then, I made this salsa. 
Next, I grilled up the chicken and seasoned it with salt, pepper, cumin, lime juice and garlic powder.
Then , I chopped up some romaine and ice burg lettuce. I put the lettuce on a plate, sprinkled it with cheddar cheese, then loaded on some of the salsa. The sliced grilled chicken went on top. I cut up some quesadillas to put on the side, along with some tortilla chips. (at the restaurant they use tortilla strips, but I didn't want to go through the time and effort to make those when chips were just as good.) We ate it with Ranch Dressing, but next time I will attempt to find a good citrus-balsamic-vinagrette dressing (perhaps this one?)
YUM. This is a very SIMPLE, HEALTHY, EASY meal that I will be making often!

2 comments:

Wanna be farm girl said...

Yum! Yum! Yum! And I already ate dinner...obviously it wasn't as good as this salad! And you make it look so pretty!!!

Browns said...

If you go to "Top Secret Recipes" website, there is a clone for Chili's molton lava cakes (or whatever they call it) and they are divine! They really do taste just like the original, and SO much cheaper.