7.17.2008

Coconut Macaroons

2 1/2 to 3 cups flaked coconut
2/3 cup sugar
4 Tablespoons flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp butter and vanilla flavor (optional)

Combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Add egg whites and extracts stirring gently. It will seem dry at first but just keep stirring and folding until it's moist all the way through. 

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes.

*I have to admit I copied this recipe from another blog that I love, called pimp my dinner. I have a small obsession with anything coconut, and I LOVE these cookies, so I had to share them with all of you.

0 comments: