4.28.2008

Red Wine Vinegar Salad

This salad is always a hit! The dressing makes quite a bit... enough for at least 2 large bowls of salad.

Dressing:

  • 1/4 C. red onion (chopped)
  • 1 C. sugar
  • 2 tsp. dry mustard seed
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 C. red wine vinegar
  • 1 C. oil (I use Canola oil)
Blend ingredients together on high until mixture is completely smooth. Chill before serving.

Salad:
  • 1 head green leaf lettuce
  • 1/2 C. mozzarella cheese (shredded)
  • 8 oz. pkg. broiled almonds (until golden brown)
Pour dressing over lettuce and mix together. Add cheese and almonds and mix again lightly.

1 comments:

Erin Spenc said...

I was seriously going to call you last night and tell you to post this because I wanted to make it! You are awesome Natalie! You read my mind. I'm going to make it now!