4.18.2008

$250 Chocolate chip cookies




This recipe started out as the "Neiman Marcus" cookie recipe, but I have modified it to my taste, and convenience. I am so surprised how many rants and raves I hear when somebody eats this cookie. 

Ingredients:
2 cups butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups flour
5 cups oatmeal (measure, then blend in a blender to a fine powder)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2- 11.5 oz bags of GHIRADELLI MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS


optional ingredients:
3 cups chopped nuts
1 8 oz grated hershey bar

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet..Bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies. Recipe may be halved.

2 comments:

Cairen said...

I LOVE these cookies, they are the only chocolate chip cookies I will make! Yum!

Emily said...

I would love to be an author, but I can't promise I can add a recipe a month. I'll just e-mail you some of my recipes I love and you can post them...?