3.16.2011

Green Food for St. Patrick's day



Ingredients:
About 2 c. of basil
handful of parsley (just to make it extra green)
About 3/4 c. shredded Romano cheese (or Parmesan)
About 2/3 c. of olive oil
handful of pine nuts
3 or 4 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Also will need for dish:
1 lb. farfalle
grilled chicken
arugula
feta
chopped tomatoes

Add basil, parsley and pine nuts to a blender or food processor and pulse a few times.  Then start adding oil in a drizzle while blending, using about 1/2 of the oil (just until it's mixing well).  Then add cheese and garlic and blend with more oil.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve fresh over cooked farfalle (a little pesto goes a long way) with grilled chicken.  I'll toss in a handful of arugula, some chopped tomatoes and feta with the pasta. 

I also have recipes here on my Holiday Blog for Sugar Snap Peas with Pancetta, Mint Salad, Mint Chocolate Chip Secret Ingredient Milkshakes, Herbed Garlic Bread and Lemon Pot of Gold.

4 comments:

Terri said...

what is this called?

Charmaine Anderson said...

I go to your blogroll every morning because you have a nice list of food blogs with daily updates on what is new in each blog so I can see if I am interested. Today I notice that you no longer have them posted with the updates, only with the blog names. I am very sad. I am not sure I will continue to return because I like seeing what recipes I am interested in looking at. I would love it if you returned the details.

Charmaine Anderson said...

Forgive me the details showed up all of the sudden. Computers make me crazy. I do like your blog roll. Thanks

Unknown said...

Loving this log ~ lovin the recipes!
This one in particular absolutely needs to use the best olive oil to enhance the wonderfulness of it! Carothers' Olive Oil. http://www.carothersoliveoil.com/store. Spanish extra virgin olive oil.