Yield: 2 loaves
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place yeast, sugar and water in large bowl or food processor and allow mixture to become bubbly.
- Mix in 1 T butter, salt, and 2 cups of flour.
- Add one tablespoon of the fresh chopped rosemary.
- Knead for about 10 minutes by hand or in food processor about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Add more flour if necessary.
- Oil a bowl, put dough in it and cover with a towel.
- Let dough rise in a warm place for one hour until doubled.
- Punch down dough and divide in half.
- Let dough rest about 5 minutes.
- Spray baking pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Shape the dough into 2 small rounded oval loaves.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 Tablespoon of rosemary over the loaves and press lightly into the surface.
- Let loaves rise again until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Carefully remove from oven, brush with remaining butter (and salt if desired.).
There are about 220 reviews and tips on the link, so check it out.