1.13.2010

How to make tilapia...

Is what I googled. And I found the best recipe! I love shellfish, and I really want to love all the rest. But I don't. But its healthy. You can see my dilemma. So I had a friend tell me that Tilapia is the tastiest and mildest fish, so I bought some frozen filets when they were on sale at Safeway.


So I made this recipe and looooved it! Lurved it. It was better than a lot of chicken I've eaten. Plus it was fast and easy and cheap, who could ask for more? So without further ado...

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
  • 2 pounds tilapia fillets

Directions

  1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
  3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

4 comments:

Amy Dayton said...

Yum! I make a very similar recipe with Orange Roughy- a very mild and tasty fish. I also add chopped up green onion. It is my husbands favorite!

the Eggett's said...

that sounds so dang good. thanks Brandi!

Becca's Blog said...

I have Tilapia in my freezer and had no idea what to do with it. I am so excited about this! Thanks Brandi... I know I can trust your taste. Whatever you make is delicious!

Credit Loan Solution said...

Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

Your Name:...............
Your Country:...............
Your Occupation:...............
Loan Amount Needed:...............
Loan Duration...............
Monthly Income:...............
Your Telephone Number:.....................
Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com