1.07.2009

Oat Dinner Rolls


Ingredients:
2 cups quick oats
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 Tb salt
3 cups boiling water
2 Tb yeast (level, not heaping)
1 cup whole wheat flour
5 cups all-purpose flour
Additional butter, melted


Directions:
Combine in Bosch, oats, brown sugar, butter, salt. Mix in boiling
water. Cool to 110 degrees. (I just heated the water in the
microwave, not quite to boiling) Add wheat flour and yeast. Mix
in enough remaining flour to form a soft and slightly sticky
dough. Knead 8 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to
grease top. Cover and rise about an hour. Punch down. Turn
onto lightly floured surface Divide into 20 pieces(I made 32
smaller rolls). Place in greased 9x 13 pan. Cover and rise
about 45 minutes. Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes or until
golden brown. Remove pan to wire wrack and brush with
melted butter.

(I actually let them rise in a bowl and then I just made small balls out of them and put them in the casserole dish. I never used my counter top, which was nice, not to have to clean that mess up. And I actually got 2 casserole dishes out of it plus a square size as well. so plenty for the family, and fun to have a new roll recipe to try)

1 comments:

Joy For Your Journey said...

I haven't tried this yet, but it looks yummy and great for all those oats sitting in my food storage that no one is going to eat otherwise because my kids don't like oatmeal for breakfast. Thanks for the recipe!