5.20.2008

Grilled Steak & Vegetable Salad



I made this amazingly simple main-dish salad tonight for our American Idol party and it was a hit!! This fabulous dish is colorfully beautiful, low-fat, low-calorie, and extremely flavorful!

*******

Prep Time:
15 min
Total Time: 25 min
Makes: 4 servings, one salad each


1/2 cup KRAFT Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
1 boneless beef sirloin steak (3/4 lb.), 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
2 large yellow peppers, cut lengthwise in half
8 cups spring greens or torn mixed salad greens
2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions

PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat. Reserve 1/3 cup of the dressing. Brush remaining dressing lightly onto one side of the steak and onto cut sides of peppers.

PLACE steak and peppers on grill, dressing-sides down. Grill steak 5 min. on each side or until medium doneness (160°F) and grill peppers 10 min. (Peppers do not need turning.) Meanwhile, cover four serving plates with greens; top with tomatoes and onions.

CUT steak across the grain into thin slices; cut peppers into strips. Arrange steak and peppers over salads. Drizzle with the reserved 1/3 cup dressing


*******

MY PERSONAL VARIATIONS

* I added in my own spices to taste
* I grilled ALL of my veggies
* I added in grilled pineapple
* I added in blue cheese (feta would be yummy too)
* I also gave the option of other vinaigrettes as well


0 comments: